A fresh and scrumptious meal can be enjoyed any day of the week - be stimulated by this easy dinner that is on the desk in minutes.
The ingredient of Mussels in coconut and lemongrass broth
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part handiest, coarsely chopped
- 2 purple Asian shallots, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, coarsely torn
- 2 lengthy pink chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated galangal
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 1.5kg black mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Shredded kaffir lime leaves, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Mussels in coconut and lemongrass broth
- Place the lemongrass, shallots, lime leaves, chillies, galangal and shrimp paste in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until bruised.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok over excessive warmness. Add the lemongrass aggregate and stir-fry for two minutes or until fragrant. Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and prepare dinner, stirring from time to time, for 5 mins or until coconut milk is heated thru.
- Add the mussels and prepare dinner, blanketed, for 5-7 minutes or until mussels open and are cooked through. Discard any unopened mussels. Add the lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mussels among serving bowls. Top with coriander and shredded lime leaves. Serve without delay with steamed jasmine rice.
Nutritions of Mussels in coconut and lemongrass brothfatContent: 441.672 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 30 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein
sodiumContent: 23 milligrams cholesterol