Impress your own family and pals with this creamy candy potato, turmeric and coconut soup.
The ingredient of Sweet potato, turmeric & coconut soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 8cm piece clean turmeric, peeled, finely grated
- 7cm piece sparkling galangal, peeled, bruised
- 2 clean red birdseye chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 900g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, reduce in 3cm pieces
- 1.125L (four 1/2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 140ml can coconut milk
- Salt & floor black pepper, to taste
- Ground nutmeg, to serve
- Bought naan bread, warmed, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet potato, turmeric & coconut soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, turmeric, galangal, chillies and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the onion softens barely. Add the sweet potato and stir properly.
- Add the inventory to the pan, increase warmness to excessive and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cowl and cook dinner, stirring from time to time, for 30 minutes or till the sweet potato is smooth. Remove the galangal and discard.
- Transfer half of the soup to a blender and blend till clean. Place in a big bowl. Repeat with last soup. Wash and dry pan. Return all soup to pan.
- Add coconut milk to soup and warmth, stirring continuously, over medium-low heat for two minutes or until hot (do not permit it boil). Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with nutmeg and observed by way of naan bread.
Nutritions of Sweet potato, turmeric & coconut soupfatContent: 441.194 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 17 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein