This creamy vegan cauliflower soup is delicious alternative for lunch or dinner.
The ingredient of Vegan cauliflower soup
- 55g (1/three cup) uncooked cashews
- 1 head (approximately 800g) cauliflower, reduce into florets, stems sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 small celery sticks, sliced
- 3cm-piece sparkling ginger, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1L (four cups) salt-decreased gluten-unfastened vegan vegetable inventory
- 500ml (2 cups) unsweetened almond coconut milk
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 half tbs raw cashews, chopped
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- half tsp floor turmeric
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
The instruction how to make Vegan cauliflower soup
- Place cashews in a bowl and cowl with cold water. Set aside for at the least 2 hours or in a single day to soak. Rinse. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Reserve three cauliflower florets. Place closing on tray. Drizzle with 1 tbs of oil. Sprinkle with garam masala. Season. Roast, stirring midway, for 25-30 minutes or until golden and soft.
- Meanwhile, warmth ultimate oil in a huge saucepan over medium- low warmth. Cook leek, onion and celery for five minutes or until beginning to melt. Add ginger, garlic. Cook, stirring, for five mins or until aromatic.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and soaked cashews. Stir to combine. Add the inventory. Bring to boil. Cover. Simmer over low warmth for 15 minutes or until smooth. Remove from warmness. Stir within the almond coconut milk. Use a stick blender to mixture till smooth.
- To make the topping, thinly slice reserved cauliflower florets. Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium-excessive warmth. Add the cauliflower. Cook, turning, for 1-2 mins or till golden. Push to one aspect of pan. Add chopped cashew, chilli and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or till golden and aromatic. Remove from warmth. Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve soup with chilli cashew topping and cauliflower florets.
Nutritions of Vegan cauliflower soupfatContent: 358.022 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein